Friday, May 21, 2010

I GRADUATED!!!

I think it's funny that just after my last post about how unbusy I was the floodgates opened and I ended up being busy until I graduted. I never really thought that I would be this excited to actually be done, but it is a nice sense of accomplishment that I am feeling at the moment, and I am very excited about what's next. I have all but given up on the idea of graduating while still being in the same age group as my classmates. In reality It doesn't really matter, I love going to school and learning new things. I sometimes think that this whole grad school thing is more of a hobby than an actual career move, I mean what does someone do with a linguistics degree anyways? Sometimes I think I should take up a less expensive hobby like knitting.

The one thing that i do not like about this whole moving and going to graduate school thing is my graduate student orientation week. Since i will be going to a school that is the only Deaf university in the world they have a week where the new students can acclimate themselves to the school. I very much like this because it eases my nerves about the new endeavor, but what i don't like about it is that it happens during the same week as GNI. I tried to work the week around GNI every way that I could but the fact of the matter is, I could not, so now I will unfortunately have to miss this years gathering. It saddens me to think that I will miss a year, but I will be back next year, and it's important to get everything situated with school first.

I know this blog is a little short this time, but I will make a longer post soon!

Stay Naked

Nick

www.wedoitnaked.com