Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wow

I could have swore that I updated more, but apparently I was wrong. Since I last updated I had a nice few weeks off from school, I passed all my classes, and I had a nice time celebrating the holidays with friends and family. For some reason my naturists friends in chicago haven't really been organizing anything, so I haven't seen any of them in a while, unless I just happen to see them out.

Currently right now I'm taking a January-term class that discusses religious interpreting. I just got done with a very interesting reading on how younger people aren't joining churches and what churches are doing to get younger members. This made me think of the "naturist problem" and I started to think different things that the community can do as a whole to get new people to join.

I think a major problem is creating an environment that is suitable for multiple generations. In the reading I just finished, someone asked a congregation "how many of you have grandchildren?" and people raised their hands, then they asked "how many of you would give your lives for your grandchildren?" and they all kept their hands up, then they asked "how many of you would give up their music for their children?" I think that is very profound because everyone seems to want to get younger people in their congregation, groups, or clubs but are not willing to make changes to make younger people feel welcome.

Now I'm not saying to change the music in the disco to current top 40's dance music every night of the gathering, that would be AWFUL, but what I am saying is that we as a community should make people feel welcome. I have always said and I still stand by it today that the GNI gathering has everything for every generation. People in my generation LOVE the music that is played in the disco every night. I know that they would love all the shows, social hours, and cabin parties as well GNI has done a marvelous job in creating a comfortable environment for everyone. The only thing is that nobody really knows about it, that's why it's so important for the members of GNI to tell their friends that have an interest in Naturism to tell them about GNI even if they are straight, because every straight person has gay friends and out of those friends knows someone that is always naked.

It's kind of interesting because new years almost doesn't have any meaning to be, because my year is pretty much based around GNI. I love this organization and I want to see it grow and thrive.

Stay Naked

Nick

www.wedoitnaked.com