Wednesday, December 17, 2008

DONE WITH SCHOOL!

Now that I'm done with school and have had my time to "de-stress" from the semester, I actually can actually think about topics not related to school. It makes me feel almost normal what ever that is. I was eating dinner tonight with my friend and he was telling me about how he met someone last weekend that I almost ended up dating. The topic came up as to why I never dated this individual and the reason being was because he couldn't deal with the fact of me being a naturist. He then started to talk about how his friends at work know that I'm a naturist and how they make jokes about it from time to time. Hearing that doesn't bother me one bit, but it does intrigue me as to why that reaction. I think it's because since I really don't see it as a odd lifestyle I really can't empathize with his coworkers.

The one thing I always here is "I could never do it," and I just think it's absurd that people have that mentality, especially when someone tells me that they love trying new things and have an adventurous personality. I always love to try new things and have new life experiences and for someone to limit what they want to experience just seems odd to me. What is stopping them from trying "it?" Are they afraid that they might actually enjoy doing it? It's fine if they don't I know people that have tried naturism and decided it wasn't for them. I've been to a number of different churches and found the social culture to be similar to that of naturism, and as many times as I go and as many different churches that I go to I just never feel like I fit in to that world, like it just isn't for me. I was at a church this past Sunday and a woman was talking about how she can't understand why the church isn't filled every sunday and if people came they would come every sunday. As I heard this the first thing I thought of was "I've heard this before," and as I was listening to her say this I realized that sometimes people just aren't into the same activities as other people are.

Just before you are going to think that I'm negating myself, let me finish. Just because going to church "isn't my thing," doesn't mean that I won't stop going to church altogether. There is a lot to be said about being out of your element and it makes you think what is important to you and not important to you. I love learning and experiencing new things, I say go out and do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do, you just might learn something new about yourself.

Stay Naked

Nick


www.wedoitnaked.com