Thursday, November 20, 2008

School is eating me alive!

Due dates, research projects, and Interpreting the spoken/unspoken word has lead me to drinking. I don't drink alone so while I was at the bar I was people watching and living in gayville USA I get a pretty good perspective on superficiality. Sometimes I think it's funny how we all compete with each other in trying to look better than the other peson. I always thought the older I become it won't be that important to look a certain way to impress people, but it's something I see in a lot of people of all ages.

It's not just the obsession with what clothes one is wearing that sort of bothers me, but how they all must be this thin muscular thing to be attractive and wanted and the thing that bothers me the most is that I constantly find myself caught up in this cultural norm. It always makes me giggle just a little bit because I can take the time to actually get ready and look nice, I'll go out to the bar, and nobody will talk to me. It's when I don't really care what I look like when people come up and introduce themselves to me.

It's this need to be visually attractive that prevents people from wanting to be involved with naturism. Since we never feel like we are good enough people tend to think that if they have no real qualities to make them attractive. When really the truth is the reason why people fall in love with other people is because of the personality that shines through, not the label that is trying to cover up their "flaws." We should stop caring what others think of us and just live and enjoy life.

Stay Naked,

Nick

www.wedoitnaked.com