Monday, June 2, 2008

Telling people about the lifestyle.....

It's always an adventure telling people that I'm a nudist. It always starts up a discussion that I am well prepared for, but its just one of those things that either people will get it or they don't. Dating is a completely different entity, because I have this nice image of myself with someone that shares the my lifestyle with me. This means that sometimes I have to bring up the fact that I'm a nudist right away so the guy understands where I'm coming from. Who would have ever known life would be so complicated. Well for everyone that has a harder time telling someone that you're a nudist; here are a few pointers that can help you along the way.

1. Bring it up when the time is right- I don't just blurt it out I wait until the topic of conversation is around the topic of me being a nudist like if I'm asked "what do you do in your spare time?" or "Where do you go for vacations?" Something like that.

2. Come up with a line you can use that will sum up the naturist experience in one sentence- People have no attention span, so this means summarizing is very important. Like for example "it's the most relaxing experience of your life," "it's just your regular life, but without clothes," or "it's great to go to meet people for who they really are." Lines like these spark an interest in people and it gives you more of a chance to elaborate on the culture and lifestyle, because people are more receptive.

3. Emphasize that it isn't about sex. I myself have a bit of a reputation for sexual activity (I'm gay so sue me :-P) and I always make it clear that it is just about the social experience for myself, which is true. I always make a point that if you do meet someone that your attracted to then you just leave the social situation just like you would at a clothed event its no big deal.

4. Erections hardly ever occur! and if they do then its usually not that big of a deal just cover up if your embarrassed by it.

These are just a few things that can help one with a conversation with a non-nudist when you talk about the culture. If I think of more I'll add them in future posts.

Stay Naked

Nick

www.wedoitnaked.com