Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer in DC

Well since the last time I blogged I frantically moved out of the dorm, started working at Dick's Last Resort in Baltimore, been interpreting regularly, and most importantly signed up for this years gathering! I was just reading old GNI informers and I came across the article written about me wining the natural man award. The article itself definitely reminded me of my goal and enthusiasm that I have with being a naturist. Reading the article also allowed me to reflect on the past year and really made me think of how one's life can go in the most unexpected places, for example, I never thought I would be here in DC interpreting and going to grad school, and I would have never thought I would have to miss a gathering. When I realized that I was going to miss last year; I thought the world was going to end. Then august came, went, and the world continued.

Taking a break from GNI for a bit really gave me the opportunity to truly find my priorities. I've had time to stop and think about who I want to promote naturism to and how I want to do it. For the past few weeks I feel like I've been advertising the gathering non stop, so hopefully there will be at least a few people that will come because of it. Also, I may get a friend or two to come up, which will always be a good time.

I look back at the the first time I went to the gathering for the first time and think about how far I've come. I have a friend that is exploring naturism and he just turned 24. I look at him sometimes and think about what I was doing when I was that age and it seems like it was a very long time ago, but I know that's foolish because it really wasn't a long time ago. I know many people that read this are older than I am may think that thought is a bit silly considering I'm only 27 well almost 28, but I don't think age really matters when one is self actualizing.

Since discussing goals for naturism; I would like to add some new blood to this blog, I have some ideas that may work that I need to brainstorm a little more before I can actually put them forth. I would just like whoever reads this to gain perspectives from different people, so maybe people could understand each other a little better. I've heard great feedback from those of you who read the blog and I would like to keep it going. In any case I hope to see some of you at the gathering this year. I am definitely looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Stay Naked,

Nick

www.wedoitnaked.com